The Philosophy, History & Theming online course develops the skills and lexicon you need in order to convey complicated yoga philosophy with ease and finesse to a modern day audience. You come to understand how the history of yoga has developed and how each one of us is moving it forward and honoring the timeless tradition today. Through your study of essential yoga texts, you learn what it takes to embody the core philosophy of yoga and become a yogi living in the modern world, as well as how to give compelling dharma talks. This module also gives you the skills necessary to build your classes around a theme in order to educate the body, mind and spirit of the students who come to your classes.
In this module, you learn:
- The complete history of yoga, including: ancient vs. modern practice, where yoga came from, essential texts and teachers, how yoga has developed in the west
- The essential Yoga Sutras, including: an overview of the whole text, breakdowns of key sutras, their meaning, translation and how to teach them to students
- The essential Bhagavad Gita, including: an overview of the whole text, breakdowns of key sutras, their meaning, translation and how to teach them to students
- The essential Hatha Yoga Pradipika, including: an overview of the whole text, breakdowns of key sutras, their meaning, translation and how to teach them to students
- How to deliver engaging dharma talks that illuminate complex yoga philosophy in an engaging, accessible way for your students
This comprehensive continuing education course features video and written content covering the most important and essential yoga wisdom from the core texts, and shows you how to integrate this knowledge into your classes in a dynamic and inspiring manner.
Upon successful completion, you receive a certificate saying you have
demonstrated proficiency in the skills learned throughout this module.
This course counts as 30 continuing education credits for The Kaivalya Yoga Method.
This course is for continuing education purposes only. To be eligible for certification in The Kaivalya Yoga Method at the 500+ hour level and be entered in our online registry of approved teachers, you must enroll in the full program.
Often referred to as the "Yoga Doctor," Alanna Kaivalya, Ph.D., helps yoga teachers embody their knowledge, up-level their skills and create more impact in the world. She gives you clear pathways to earning a living with your spiritual practice and help others with your gift.
On this principle she founded The Kaivalya Yoga Method®, a fresh take on yoga emphasizing the individual path while honoring tradition. Teaching students since 2001 and teachers since 2003, Alanna has written and developed teacher trainings worldwide for top studios and independently. In 2015, she debuted a comprehensive 500hr-online teacher training.
She holds a Ph.D. in Mythological Studies with an Emphasis in Depth Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute, has authored numerous articles and three books: Myths of the Asanas, an accessible practitioner’s guide to stories behind beloved poses; Sacred Sound, a yoga “hymnal,” illustrating the role of chant and mantra in modern practice. Her third book, Yoga Beyond the Mat, is a guidebook showing practitioners how to make yoga their spiritual practice.
She lives in New York City with Roxy the Wonderdog. Visit her website at: alannak.com.
Or choose the 2 Monthly Payment Plan for $169/per month