The Kaivalya Yoga Method Continuing Education Membership contains 6 courses that provide a comprehensive look at topics in yoga that provide essential knowledge for every instructor. If your basic 200 hour training left you feeling as if you have a lot more to learn, this is the place for you.
Within this membership program, you gain access to 6 courses that are filled with content directly from the acclaimed The Kaivalya Yoga Method Online Teacher Training Program.
Throughout the courses in this membership, you learn:
- Anatomy through the lens of yoga, providing you with skillful "x-ray vision" of the poses
- Comprehensive alignment guidelines that give you the tools to unlock the alignment of any posture
- Recognize basic injuries and how to modify postures accordingly to promote healing
- How to unlock the secrets of the energetic body and how to sequence your classes to optimize the flow of internal energy and turn your asana practice into a transformative experience
- How to work with, access and balance each one of the Chakras: The Seven Sacred Energy Centers
- Revolutionary sequences that give you a leg up as you learn to integrate all these tools and create your own exciting classes
- Successful tools for putting together a complete class that integrates a wide range of skills and leaves students yearning for more
- Effective strategies for utilizing the power of the web to reach more students through social media and other online outlets (including our registry!)
- The essential techniques and application of extraordinary hands-on adjustments
- How to adjust someone throughout a vinyasa practice, including a sun salutation
- Transformational adjustments for all groups of postures including:
- Standing Pose Adjustments
- Balance Pose Adjustments
- Twisting Pose Adjustments
- Forward Bend Adjustments
- Back Bend Adjustments
- Inversions Adjustments
- Shavasana Adjustments
- The complete history of yoga, including: ancient vs. modern practice, where yoga came from, essential texts and teachers, how yoga has developed in the west
- The essential Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and Hatha Yoga Pradipika, including: an overview of the whole text, breakdowns of key sutras, their meaning, translation and how to teach them to students
- How to deliver engaging dharma talks that illuminate complex yoga philosophy in an engaging, accessible way for your students
- The history and potency of mantra practice and its impact on the mind, body and spirit
- Select sacred mantras and chants, and how to say them and teach them to students
- The importance of meditation, how to develop your own meditation practice and how to teach it to others
...and much, much more!
This comprehensive continuing education membership program features video and written content covering all aspects of yoga, so that you refine and up-level your skills as a practitioner and teacher.
Upon successful completion of each individual course, you receive a certificate saying you
have demonstrated proficiency in the skills learned throughout this
This entire membership program (all 6 courses) counts as 200 continuing education credits for The Kaivalya Yoga Method.
This membership (and each course within it) is for continuing education purposes only. To be eligible for certification in The Kaivalya Yoga Method at the 500+ hour level and be entered in our online registry of approved teachers, you must enroll in the full program.
Get started now!
Often referred to as the "Yoga Doctor," Alanna Kaivalya, Ph.D., helps yoga teachers embody their knowledge, up-level their skills and create more impact in the world. She gives you clear pathways to earning a living with your spiritual practice and help others with your gift.
On this principle she founded The Kaivalya Yoga Method, a fresh take on yoga emphasizing the individual path while honoring tradition. Teaching students since 2001, teachers since 2003, Alanna has written and developed teacher trainings worldwide for top studios and independently. In 2015, she debuted a comprehensive 500hr-online teacher training.
She holds a Ph.D. in Mythological Studies with an Emphasis in Depth Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute, has authored numerous articles and three books: Myths of the Asanas, an accessible practitioner’s guide to stories behind beloved poses; Sacred Sound, a yoga “hymnal,” illustrating the role of chant and mantra in modern practice. Her third book, Yoga Beyond the Mat, is a guidebook showing practitioners how to make yoga their spiritual practice.
She lives in New York City with Roxy the Wonderdog. Visit her website at: alannak.com