Pranayama, or yogic breath work has been proven to reduce stress and alleviate the symptoms of thyroid disease. This course teaches you easy-to-use practices that optimize wellness, clear your mind and balance your energy.
If you're struggling with the ups and downs that symptoms of thyroid disease bring you, this course is perfect for you.
Whether you have sluggish metabolism, a lack of energy, brain fog, anxiety, depression, or any of the myriad emotional and physical symptoms thyroid disease causes, yogic breath work and its healing effects are incredibly beneficial for diminishing the stress and challenge of dealing with thyroid disease.
In this course, the founders of Thyroid Healing Yoga, Alanna
Kaivalya, Ph.D., and Danna Bowman, offer you the most powerful and proven yogic breathing techniques to help you on your Thyroid Healing Yoga journey!
Here is what is included in this course:
Basics of Breath Work
• Learn what pranayama (yogic breathing) is and why it's an important yoga practice
• Understand how breath work benefits YOU, the thyroid disease sufferer
• Find out why controlling the breath alleviates the symptoms of thyroid disease
Pranayama Techniques for Thyroid Healing Yoga
• Learn fundamental techniques to change your state of mind and clear your thoughts
• Discover practices that are designed specifically for healing and balancing the energy of the throat chakra (which involves the thyroid
• Put new tools in your Thyroid Healing Yoga toolkit that you use anytime of day, whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced practitioner
• Includes pranayama practices such as:
• Victorious (ujayi) breath
• Bee's (humming) breath
• Skull Shining (kapalabhati) breath
• Alternate Nostril (nadi shodhana) breath
• ...and much more!
This program features in-depth video and written content designed to give you the most comprehensive tools to work with your thyroid disorder, and help you thrive!
*This program counts as 3 hours of continuing education credits for The Kaivalya Yoga Method, or as 10 non-contact hours for Yoga Alliance. Upon finishing 100% of the course, you receive a certificate of completion.
Alanna Kaivalya, Ph.D. – What initially propelled Alanna into her first yoga class was the diagnosis of Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (a combination of hypothyroidism and an autoimmune disorder). Over the years Alanna has explored and studied many modalities of healing from diet, to energy work, to therapeutic practices, to physical movement, and even traditional Western medicine. Of all the things she tried, she came to know this: The body can only express the truth that it carries inside. Over the past 15 years, Alanna has written three books on yoga (Myths of the Asanas, Sacred Sound and Yoga Beyond the Mat), launched the world's first and most comprehensive online 500 hour yoga teacher certification program, and earned her doctorate in Mythology and Depth Psychology. Find out more about her at alannak.com.
Danna Bowman, Founder of ThyroidNation.com – Danna, a lover of yoga, and mom of two, was living the pura vida lifestyle in Costa Rica when she was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder. In order to learn more about how to heal herself and deal with the symptoms of the disease, she founded, ThyroidNation.com, an online resource and community dedicated to helping people with thyroid disorders thrive. Danna is currently enrolled in The Kaivalya Yoga Method Teacher Training Program with YogaDownload, and in the process of becoming a yoga instructor!